Joe is the regional sales manager at Identity Finder. He has worked in the sales channel for over 15 years covering information management and cloud computing markets. His experience covers an array of companies like Syncplicity, EMC, Accellion, nGenX, and Iron Mountain.
Find & Follow: @jalbanese74, LinkedIn
Episode has some explicit language
- The channels are there, but it's a lot of noise
- Focusing on the delivery of what we are going to do
- Missed their mark, so we are going to refocus on what we do
- CEO wacked, CMO wacked, a lot of people, I'm like oh no
- Hardest thing in smaller companies: a 1-off large deal size over ruling pre-set priorities
- Asked what you wanted, then trumped by a company trying to be nimble
- It all sucked. I understand it, but we lost all around.
- If prioritize something, stick to it.
- Dollars trumping process is bad
- Never know how much voice you have
- People will always try to game the system
- You and your customers get on the same page; and how many times does that happen...
- A transparent % of say, would spark communication
- What do you want,... just tell me
- Sometimes you don't get a chance to cultivate relationships with customers
- Depreciation is huge, and what if someone leaves the company, why should their voice matter
- What works, flat out asking
- What doesn't work, multiple emails or huddled conference calls
- Direct 1-1 communications work best
- Direct line of communication with the right people
- Direct communication and alignment with the product team
- When people have different projects in different silos, they don't exactly want each other's input